Ballycotton 10 Entry Procedures
To all Midleton AC members and other nosey parkers who read this blog (we know you do) the only section you need to refer to is in red below but please pass on the rest to friends who are NON AAI runners
Midleton AC members PLEASE DO NOT ENTER BEFORE THE 5TH Dec. because if you do you will be depriving someone else of a place in the race.
You have from the 5th to the 18th to enter and are guaranteed entry if you apply withen those dates.
Entry Procedure for the 2013 Ballycotton '10' Road Race...
ENTRY PROCEDURE FOR BALLYCOTTON ‘10’ ROAD RACE 2013
The following is the entry procedure for next year’s Ballycotton ’10’, to take place on Sunday March 3rd. Numbers are limited as usual but for 2013 there will a combination of postal and online entries as follows:
1) As in previous years, anyone wishing to obtain an entry form can do so by sending an SAE anytime during the month of November to: Ballycotton Running Promotions, Ballycotton, Co. Cork (don’t forget to enclose a large envelope with the correct postage).
2) All such forms applied for will be posted out on Friday November 30th, to arrive by Monday December 3rd/Tuesday December 4th. All returned postal entries (on official forms only – no photocopies) will be accepted up to and including Wednesday December 5th.
3) These will then be processed and put up on the website, hopefully in a day or two. Then, at a specific time which will be announced in advance, online entries will open and remain open until the figure of 2,500 has been reached – this will be a combination of postal and online entries.
4) After the limit has been reached, a PDF copy of the entry form will go up on the website and also in the usual shops and outlets – this is only for AAI club members and those who ran the four races in the Ballycotton Summer Series 2012. All these postal entries will be accepted up until Tuesday December 18th
5) As usual, a limited number of elite entries will be available nearer the date.
So, to sum up –
(a) If you want to enter in the traditional way, send an SAE during this month of November.
(b) If you wish to enter online, check the website on December 6th.
(c) If you’re an AAI club member (or ran Summer Series) you may ignore the above two methods and just post in an entry to arrive by December 18th.