TO ALL AT MIDLETON A.C
Firstly, the committee will convene a meeting on Wednesday 12th @ 8pm in O’Mearas lounge, Ballinacurra. PLEASE attend if you would like to become involved in your club. Don’t leave it to others all the time…..if you can help then please do! You’ll enjoy being involved…honest!
Important New Season dates:
1. Monday night training moves from CBS to Midleton College Hockey pitch, 6 – 7 pm, on September 17th. A sub of €2 applies to each attendee.
2. Tuesday night training continues until September 18th, 7-8pm. No sub applies.
3. The club open night will take place on the following night,Wednesday, the 19th, in the community hall at 7pm. This is an informal night of chat for existing members and new members. Tea and biscuits will be served and a few brief words will be said by committee members to outline and explain how the club works for its members.
4. On the following Wednesday, the 26th, indoor training will recommence in the community hall – beginners from 6 to 7 pm and all others from 7 to 8pm. A sub of €2 applies to each attendee.
Other club events to look out for:
- Trip to international running weekend in Lanzarote November 2nd to 28th. So far 16 members have booked for this fabulous trip of a lifetime. Remember all you have to do is book your flight to Lanzarote. Once you have done that, give your details to Marc Dalton. When we have the final numbers and the accommodation booked we will finalise the club subsidy for this event. So do not delay, book that flight now!!
- Club Christmas dinner and dance …. ….this is usually held on the second Saturday of December and is a lovely fun night out for all. Again this event will be subsidized by the club.
So welcome to the 2012/2013 Midleton Athletic Club season. Don’t forget your captains’ advice – don’t over-train, keep off the road as much as possible, wear HI-VIZ if it is anyway dark and…ENJOY the company of your club colleagues.”
Edmond O’Sullivan Sally Drennan
Mens Captain Ladies Captain