Monday 12 October 2020

The Adventures Of Daniel Bloom

In January, my mum, Claire, received an email from the motor 
neurone disease association (MNDA) to ask if she'd support them
 and run the Royal Parks Half Marathon on 11th October. She's been
 competing in sprint triathlon for over 10 years so long distance 
running wouldn't be her strength but she's been supporting MNDA
 ever since 2012 when my uncle (her younger brother) sadly
 passed away at the age of 36 from this awful disease. 

As the Royal Parks Half Marathon was cancelled due to Covid,
 the MNDA set up a mission 5000 challenge, one mile for every 
person currently suffering from the disease in the UK. My mum
 set a target of 250 miles towards their goal and would finish 
with the virtual half marathon on 11th. I told her I'd provide 
her with some moral support by doing the virtual half 
on the same weekend as her. 

She did fantastically well, finishing in a time of 1 hour 53 minutes.
My aim was to run sub 90 mins but Edwin and Tony managed to 
convince me after a few pints that we'd go for sub 85 minutes 
and that they'd pace me for it. We set off at 7:15am on Saturday 
morning and were also joined by Derek with a few miles to go. 
We all crossed the line in approx 83:15 which was a new PB
 for the 3 of us - a huge thanks to the lads for getting up early 
and coming along to support me. A big thanks also to Mags Anglin 
(Twohig) 
for the drinks and running gels she gave us at mile 8, they were
 much needed! 

To date, the tribute fund for my uncle stands at over £50,000 -
 if anybody wishes to donate, the link to do so is below.
Any contribution would be much appreciated.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/clairebloom1?fbclid=IwAR
38tAHJ9FQ9-i7jV5mOHTng0

Thanks very much!

Dan



Further Adventures
Many of you will be aware that we claimed the Bronze 
Medal Team Prize In the County Novice Cross Country
last Sunday. Dan was our 4th scorer on the team.If Dan had been
passed by the athlete behind him we would have tied for 3rd position
and then lost out on the count back. So as I always say every 
place counts. Well done Dan and his team on a job well done
Danny