RACE DAY -
THE 2012 JOE HOURIGAN MEMORIAL MIDLETON A.C '5' MILE ROAD RACE
8PM THIS EVENING
MESSAGE FROM OUR CLUB CAPTAINS -
1. Your team captains, Edmond O’Sullivan and Sally Drennan, want to wish all Midleton AC club members every success in our club race on Thursday night. For those of you who don’t remember him, Joe Hourigan was one of those fabulous club members who quietly ran every race wearing the club colours and who always had a smile and a welcome for all fellow runners. Joe, by his happy personality alone introduced many of the current members to Midleton AC for the first time. This race is his legacy to all of us.
2. We know some of you cannot run the race because of injury and/or because you are involved in helping/organizing the race in some way. Big thank you to all for helping out as we know you would much prefer to be running the race. Mile buiochas!
3. A few reminders:
- Wear your Midleton AC top and gear with pride!
- Warm up for at least 15 minutes before the race and warm down likewise after the race….don’t stand around the finish line getting cold.
- For those of you not near your home, hot showers are available in the GAA pitch dressing rooms.
- If you are standing around doing nothing and you see something to be done…..DO IT!!
- The blue transit bus parked outside the GAA pavilion door is race organisation HQ.
- Please bring your own Hi- Viz jacket as we may not have enough Midleton AC ones.
- Please bring a bicycle if you can….gives you flexibility to move where you are needed.
- At all times ( however unreasonable someone may be!!) behave in a mannerly and courteous manner!! Lets welcome one and all and send them home happy!
GOOD LUCK AGUS GACH BEANNACHT! Edmond and Sally
MESSAGE FROM MARGARET TWOHIG – CLUB SECRETARY
We ask club members to please bring food on trays and clearly write their names on trays/bowls/plates etc that they may bring food on, as otherwise we won’t know who owns what.- Thank You