Members Request and Your Club Provides
Following our club survey a number of months ago, many members expressed interest in strength and conditioning classes. Based on this we are delighted to offer the following with P.B. Fitness.
RUNNERS STRENGTH & CONDITIONING CLASS:
- Venue: My Place Community Centre, Midleton
- Date: Wednesday 4th September 2019
- Time: 8:45 to 9:45 p.m.
- 60 Minute Class - 45 Minutes Strengthening and 15 Minutes of Deep yoga type stretching.
- Duration: 6 Weeks.
- Price: €50.00.
- Tried, tested and recommended by club members.
- Text your name if interested to Deirdre Aherne
- 087-2138794 by Friday 9th at 6pm.
- LIMITED PLACES!!♀️🏻
The importance of Strength and Conditioning for Runners at all distances:
Whatever your goal, whether it is to run easier with less pain or to run faster a regular strength and conditioning session can make you faster, safer and better at what you love.
- Strength training will help to reduce and prevent overuse injuries. Prevention is also important as it's not just for when you get injured, 70% of runners will experience some form of running injury.
- Strength training makes your whole body move more efficiently and strengthens muscles, ligaments and tendons that protect your joints and these conditioned muscles can take the impact away from your joints while running.
- We will work all muscles within our sessions with special focus on running-specific strengthening exercises, strengthening the glutes, core and hips, taking pressure off the I.T. Band and Knees while also working Balance and Posture which helps us BREATH and RUN more EFFICIENTLY, particularly at the end of a race.
- I am an ACE qualified Personal trainer based in Midleton and Aghada teaching various fitness classes for 15 years, currently teaching Strength and Conditioning for Runners and Teams, Kettlebells, Boxercise and Staying Fit for the Future with Cork Sports Partnership (Better Balance / Better Bones for Older Adults).
- I have additional qualifications in Sports Nutrition, Kettlebells, Spinning, Fitness Pilates, Circuits, Aerobics and First Aid.
- I'm a passionate runner with 11 Full Marathons done to date and many half marathons.
- I am also a busy mother of two so I understand the time pressures that life can bring and the importance of getting the most out of training sessions.
- I love what I do and lead by example.